Driver's Education Information
Driver's Education is offered as an elective during the school day and during summer school. Driver's Education is a graded elective; pass/fail is not an option.
All students interested in taking Drivers Education during the school day, must register for Drivers Education at MyETHS
ETHS Drivers Education classes are currently offered as a semester elective during school hours.
- Students must be of Sophomore, Junior, or Senior standing.
- Students must be of Good Disciplinary standing for the previous 2 semesters. (No Social Probation)
- By law, students must be 15.3 years old on the first day of class.
- By law, students must have passed 8 classes in the previous 2 semesters
- $200 covers the class fee and permit fee.
- The classroom portion takes place in Room G180.
- The driving portion (Behind the wheel - BTW) is arranged in class by teacher. Behind the wheel will take place during the school day.
Students must complete EACH step in the process to be considered for Drivers Education. This is a one time process so no need to repeat. Please remember, a submitted application does not guarantee a seat in the class.
- Go to MyETHS page
- Click on the 'Drivers Education' tab at the top of the screen. Read the instructions carefully.
- Click the 'Submit Application' button at the bottom of the screen (your application will not be complete without this step).
- Go to your counselor and request Driver's Education.
- Your counselor will let you know if you qualify or not.
A completed application does NOT guarantee a spot in the class.