All students interested in taking Drivers Education during the school day, must register for Drivers Education in your ETHS Home Apps.
HOW OLD DO I HAVE TO BE TO SIGN UP FOR DRIVERS ED?
By law, students must be 15.3 years old on the first day of the drivers ed class to sign up. However, at ETHS students must also be of sophomore standing to enroll.
HOW ARE APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR THE DRIVERS EDUCATION COURSE?
Students are selected in the following way.
- All requirements of eligibility must be met.
- HAC form must be submitted.
- Students must talk to his/her counselor about status of registration (the same as any other class)
WHAT TYPE OF CREDIT DO I EARN FOR PASSING DRIVERS EDUCATION?
- Drivers Education is a semester course and it's an elective, therefore you will receive one (1) elective credit.
- Drivers Education is not a Physical Education course and therefore can not be used to replace PE or Wellness.